[PD] age old multichannel sound card question...

Marian Weger mail at marianweger.com
Thu Sep 12 08:36:24 CEST 2013

Am 12.09.13 00:13, schrieb Jaime E Oliver:
> Do the latest RME cards (fire face UCX, UC, UFX) work under Linux? alsa/ffado?
> Does anyone use the fireface 800 successfully with ffado?

hi,

The new firefaces (ufx, ucx) seem to be running perfectly well via usb2
under linux, with "class compliant mode", without drivers.
But i have not tested it personally.

The fireface 400 and 800 work fine with ffado. I use them a lot under
all operating systems.
ffado even provides full access to the dsp mixer (totalmix) and settings
(phantom power, ...), with one missing feature: at the moment you can
not save these settings. Need to set them new by hand, every time you
start ffado, as it always resets these values to default.

cheers,
marian