[PD] TouchOSC makes Pd crash, on UbuntuStudio, not in Ubuntu

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 15 16:33:23 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-14 19:28, Mario Mey wrote:
> Martin Peach, I read somewhere that changing pages in TouchOSC makes Pd
> (or Pd-Ext) to crash. My Pd-Extended doesn't crash, but this error is
> shown: "* routeOSC: ignoring empty list…".

That doesn't happen here. There is no such message in the source code.
Maybe you have an older version of routeOSC? The OSC specification
allows empty messages, and [routeOSC] should output a bang if it routes
such a message.
Older versions of [routeOSC](before March 2012) didn't work properly, so
you probably just need to find a more recent one or build it from svn.
(http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/mrpeach/osc/)

Martin