[PD] Building externals on OSX

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 22:20:55 CEST 2013

On 10/21/2013 02:09 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> That sounds like you're building pd/extra from Pd-vanilla.  I never had any
> luck with that build system.  That's part of the reason why I ripped out extra
> from Pd-extended and made it a standalone library.  It was much easier to make
> it work that way.

Figured this one out, too.  It was a problem of building 64 bit
binaries-- I just
ended up building for i386 and the problem went away.

If I'm going to go to the trouble of building for both architectures, then I
might as well go ahead and build ppc, too.  So the real solution would be
for me to remove my current xcode setup and read all the stackoverflow
workarounds telling which older XCode version to setup an environment
that supports building for ppc.

-Jonathan