[PD] Find distance to a line in 3d space

Ba Prince caracteriel.code at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 08:43:06 CET 2013

Hi

  If you want to know the distance between a point and line in 3D space :

1 - you calculate the vector director (= vecteur directeur ?) u-> of the
line
2 - you select any point A from your line
3 - you calculate the vector AB->
4 - you calculate || (AB->) ^ (u->) || / || u-> || , with  || . ||
euclidian norm and ^ cross product

the distance is d =  || (AB->) ^ (u->) || / || u-> ||

Prince