[PD] Check for batch and/or nogui mode from Patch

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Mon Jan 13 20:26:32 CET 2014

Hi,

is there a way to get information on whether Pd has been started with
-batch or -nogui from inside a patch?

I am trying to make unit tests by starting a Pd instance in batch mode
from Python, and comparing the output from [stdout] to the desired
result, and I want Pd to close itself via [; pd quit(. When Pd is not
running in batch mode, then I want to stop this message from being sent
with a [spigot], something like:

[loadbang]

[message for object(

[object-to-test]

[t b a]
|     |
|     [stdout]
|
|      [test-for-batch-mode]
|      |
[spigot]

[; pd quit(

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"We left all that stuff out. If there's an error, we have this
routine called panic, and when it is called, the machine crashes,