[PD] Data structures and their clickable area

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 02:53:51 CET 2014

On 01/29/2014 05:40 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 21:34 -0500, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>> On 01/27/2014 05:35 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm using a template consisting of a rectangle done with [filledpolygon]
>>> and a number [drawnumber] in it. While mouse clicks anywhere in the area
>>> of the rectangle are detected, it's only possible to change the number
>>> with the keyboard when I exactly click on the number. Is there a way to
>>> make the number catch the keyboard no matter where I click in the
>>> rectangle?
>> One possibility is to make the hotspot bbox settable.
> Actually, something like this would be on my wishlist. Knowing it does
> not exist yet, I hoped for some kludge solution.

It would literally be five minutes of dev time.  But I'm not sure it's
the ideal solution since often you want a hotspot to exceed the formal
bounds of an object, and this wouldn't do that.

Still, I'll code it up and see how it works.

>>   Or maybe have a
>> method to forward widgetbehaviors to another drawing command.
> Would certainly be interesting too, though having the hotspot area be
> configurable would make this less important.

Probably best to just fool around with Raphael.js or some such library
to see what it does, and see what can be ported.

-Jonathan