[PD] [OT] Raspberry Pi Wolfson Audio Card

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:46:34 CET 2014

I don't know the latency. I can try testing that at let you know, but it's
definitely good enough for what I need. It is at least lower than 20ms.
Acceptable latency for guitar is 12ms, and I think I got around 16ms out of
my old setup running on the Pentium III 500Mhz wearable.

The main deal with the UDOO, is that it's multiple cores (2 or 4 depending
on the board you buy). This way, the kernel has a core, pd has a core, and
there are 2 cores left over for other things (my HID-OSC device daemon,
etc).

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 4:32 AM, Pierre Massat <pimassat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Dan,
>
> Looks like the UDOO is much better indeed from what you recently posted
> here. Could you tell us what latency you're achieving ? And which version
> you're using (with or w/o wifi) ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pierre.

>> Ok for small projects, but you're not going to interface a real stage mic
>> or guitar easily. Would be much better if the next pi version comes with an
>> onboard usb controller, which is the main problem for usb audio on the
>> current pi. For now, the UDOO is where it's at for that.
>>
>> On Mar 12, 2014, at 7:10 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
>>
>> *From: *"me.grimm" <megrimm at gmail.com>
>>  *Subject: **[PD] [OT] Raspberry Pi Wolfson Audio Card*
>> *Date: *March 12, 2014 at 6:38:43 PM EDT