[PD] UDOO Quad and Generic Guitar to USB link issues

Carlos Sanchez csanchez126 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:37:44 CEST 2014

Hey list,

Thanks for your prompt replies and helpfulness!

I could not get qjackctl to work, the audio will not go through and the PD
CPU load gets abnormally high at around 67%...
I had already played with the sample rate and I had noticed that augmenting
the frequency yields better results but the noise was still very present.
The sound card itself works correctly with Audacity so I am sure it would
work with the arecord and aplay commands Brian suggested. Weirdly, it is
only with PD that it is struggling...

On a more encouraging note, as Brian suggested, it seems that the problem
(or one possibility) is the duplex audio. I haven't thought about using the
card as an output only device before and it did work! But afterwards, I was
not able to change the settings back and use the noisy duplex audio any
more, I was only able to switch the output devices...

@Brian: What type of software are you using for the signal processing with
the Raspberry Pi? I am very curious because I had first attempted to build
this project on a BeagleBone Black but the heavy PD patches made it
unstable or crash...