[PD] SOCKS in Pd

Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jun 26 19:32:27 CEST 2014

Already got it working with -nogui mode.

The cool thing about this setup is that I can take off to the cafe and I don't even have to change anything about the underlying configuration (though I might need to reconnect, depending on how the Pd patches were written).  But neither party needs to care-- or in fact can know-- what my actual IP addy is.  (And all the cafe can know is that I'm connecting to other Tor nodes.)

Pd with GUI is a little tricky because both Pd and Tor want to use the loopback device to communicate.  I'm using a little program called 'torsocks' to force Pd to use SOCKS, but I don't know how to tell it to let Pd's loopback connection just be local.

I'll keep researching...

-Jonathan

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:21 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

On 06/25/2014 05:33 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On 25/06/14 19:06, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
>> Anyone else interested in SOCKS support for netsend/receive?
> Yes!
>
>> connect Pd over Tor
> Excellent.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris.

Ok, I found some decent resources so I'll try this out.

-Jonathan