[PD] Pd and SQL

IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Sat Jul 19 09:17:04 CEST 2014

On 07/16/2014 02:23 PM, Martin Peach via Pd-list wrote:
>> given that the template/Makefile has been the "way to go" for some time
>> now, would you consider adding/switching?
>>

> I thought it _was_ following the template. There is a makefile in
> pdlua/src. I'm not sure what to add to it to make it self-contained. All
> the compiler needs to know is the locations of m_pd.h and lua.h, and the
> linker needs to find the right liblua.

yes indeed. sorry.

my answer was rather generic (me being basically on holiday, without a
real computer, and not being able to *easily* check the actual state of
affairs) and i assumed that your answer ("You just need the makefile
that is in trunk/externals then") explained that you need an ressource
outside the pdlua/ folder (that said Makefile).

so the build-system seems to be self-contained, but my build fails
because of an unknown CFLAG "-threepic" (for linux). what it this
supposed to do and can it be safely removed?

i then managed to build pdlua using:

$ make LUACFLAGS="$(pkg-config --cflags lua5.2 pd)" LIBS="$(pkg-config
--libs lua5.2 pd)"

but this somehow feels wrong because it overrides the "-DVERSION=..." of
LUACFLAGS.
what is the proper way to *only* set the lua-cflags / -libs from the
cmdline?

the build correctly loads the hello.pd_lua, but i tested list-pak and it
throws me a number of errors:

> lua: error in dispatcher:
> [string "list-pak"]:51: attempt to call field 'getn' (a nil value)

gfmdsr
IOhannes