[PD] max midi in devices

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 24 20:55:42 CEST 2014

Hmm - I had thought (in '98 or so) that MIDI was gradually disappearing
and the age of multiple MIDI devices was ending.  But now I guess with
all those USB "MIDI' devices coming around I need to imagine a future that
will never be MIDI free.

It would be easy for me to increase the number of possible deviced in the
MIDI dialog to some other arbitrary number... but I have no idea what would
be a good one (7? 9?) - at some point it gets unmanageable (and makes the
window too big for anyone with a very small screen to work with).

So here's a question for Pd users everywhere - if you have more than 4
MIDI devices on your systems, how many do you actualy have?

cheers
Miller