[PD] [oscparse] parsing address patterns with integers differently

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:34:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

I noticed with the [oscparse] object that if I have an address pattern that
contains only an integer, it can't be correctly parsed by any future
[route] objects down the line.

For example a message: "/tag /0 /example 0.45" will not be correctly parsed
with the following:

[oscparse]

[list trim]

[route tag]

[route 0]

[route example]

However, the printed output of [oscparse] *looks* like it should be correct
(i.e. it shows as "list tag 0 example 0.45")

It seems this could be an issue in how the object parses integers and
strings, but I'm not totally sure if it's intended behaviour or a bug.

The OSC message can be correctly parsed in Max, which, unless someone tells
me otherwise, leads me to believe the formatting is valid.

I've attached a patch that shows the issue (Pd 0.46.1 OSX 10.9.5).

Cheers,
Joe