[PD] Fwd: PDCon (was Updated pd-extended)

Charles Z Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 07:37:51 CET 2014

Hey Chris,

I've kept talking to folks around Lawrence about organizing a kind of
Pd Con here, and the more I think about it, I just keep coming back to
your bar camp idea.  It's pretty on--just the format for some events
needs to be a bit different from other bar camps I think.

#1 & 2:  Lawrence, KS, 3rd week of June?
#3:  There's some cheap accomodations and some fancy digs alike, and I
think we can find a way to line up couch surfing for those who prefer
it
#4:  We still need a website and registration... but the CFP can look
very different.
I have been advised to ask venues to participate in early January.
About that time, it should be possible to know what/how many
performances will be possible.

I hope it's not too late to toss the idea around.  You can't plan for
spontaneity--but maybe you can structure for it.   The idea is for
folks interested to bring some work (maybe complete or in progress)
and nominate/bid for time slots to talk about it.  The task is really
to make enough space for everyone who wants to be there.