[PD] what's the "flatspace" deal?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:44:48 CET 2014

Allow me to clear things up, I got this from the floss manuals object list.
This implies how some objects are in some of the libraries but ar also
"flatspace".

On top of that, I just learned that there is a "flatspace" library on its
own in Pd Extended 0.42-5 and it was removed from 0.43 cause it was a *giant
ugly kludge*

That raises even more doubts...

Anyway, my motivation on this is that I'm mapping all of the externals I
use for my computer music tutorial (which is now around 220 examples long)
to see on how many libraries I depend. This is also motivated from recent
discussions on getting a respoitory of libraries to download and use on
Vanilla.

So, anyway, I got really confused with this flatspace deal. Hopefully
someone could clear things up about this kludge.

cheers