[PD] moog

David Medine dmedine at ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 29 20:20:48 CET 2014

I believe, though I may be wrong, that the Moog vcf object is based on
the algorithm described in the 2004 Huovalainen paper (citation [6] in
the Fontana):

http://www.mirlab.org/conference_papers/International_Conference/DAFx%202004/Proc/P_061.pdf

I am a little confused here (in the Fontana) by the author's assertion
that he can implement a 'delay-free' loop by computing the output first,
and then finding the states of the filter based on this. I don't quite
see how this is different from finding the states first and then finding
the output -- chicken then the egg vs. egg then the chicken.

Still, judging by the plots they provide, they seem to have overcome the
frequency warping issue (an artifact of unit delay) described by
Huovalainen.

It'd certainly be interesting to see an what actual implementation of
this does, rather than just some matlab plots.

-David