[PD] query dsp state

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 23:17:51 CET 2015

On 11/01/15 21:39, katja wrote:
> Any way to get the status on demand in a patch,
> using Pd core objects?

No built in object as far as I know (though there should be, given how
often it is requested).

I can think of some ugly hacks, that have a slight delay (the time for
at least one dsp block).

[bang~] doesn't output anything if dsp is off, so wait a few ms after
loadbang to check if it did or did not output anything.

[sig~ 1]--[snapshot~] outputs 0 if dsp has never been turned on and
computed a block, so wait a few ms after loadbang to check its value.

In either case, use [r pd]--[route dsp] in case the state changed before
the result of the previous hacks arrived (and for updating later).

To be robust (eg user is running Pd at a low sample rate), maybe use
[samplerate~] to work out how long you need to wait - probably
relatively safe to assume block size 64?

Claude
--
http://mathr.co.uk