[PD] install libraries with apt-get with Pd compiled from source?

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:18:27 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 01/23/2015 10:06 AM, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> > I've compiled Pd-0.46-4 from source, but I'd like to install some
> > libraries. Will apt-get work, or do I have to compile them as well?
>
> Pd goes to some length to stay binary compatible, so you can use the
> "pd-*" packages without a problem.
>
> the main obstacle will be the search path: your self-compiled Pd will
> most likely search the libraries in /usr/local/lib/pd/extra whereas the
> pd-* packages install to /usr/lib/pd/extra/

I had something like that in mind, but the Pd compiled from source didn't
create a /usr/local/lib/pd directory. Everything is lying in it's own
directory (in this case /home/pi/applications/pd-0.46-4/ ).
Should I create the /usr/local/lib directory?
Forgot to mention that I haven't installed Pd with apt-get, so there's no
/usr/lib/pd either..