[PD] Echo supressor.

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:18:13 CEST 2015

Hi, there. 2 years ago, I created this thread on the forum:
http://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/7340/echo-supressor. After talking
about dBs, I thought I acchived what I was looking for. But no. Nor close.

My last non-replied post on september 2014 says:

/Bringing back to life an old thread... I tried to make this patch work
LIVE... and it is not as thought./

/To make this patch work (*1), I should find the perfect delay to
suppress the audio. Using 44100, the delay time can vary in 0.0226ms.
So... it's almost impossible to get that. I only acchieve a flanger,
nothing else./

/In the first Patch-Circle done in Argentina last Saturday, I talked
with Pablo E. Riera about this and he told me about the adaptive
external and the echo cancellation example... but there is no example
like that (only intereference cancellation)./

/I will explain again (*2): the operator has a microphone (using one
channel of input) and it sounds in a LCD (far away) (using one channel
of output). Above the LCD I have a mic (second channel of input). This
mic takes what the audience says and send to the operator headphones
(second channel of output). The operator hears her own voice (with a
delay). I want to supress this "return". It doesn't matter the latency,
I just don't want the operator to hear her/him voice./

/I would need something that learn from the first microphone and get rid
of what the second mic takes./

/I hope being clear in my explanation. Thanks in advace./

//

(*1): the patch is in the thread. It does something like this: it takes
the microphone (channel one), invert the wave (by using [*~ -1]), it
uses a delayline to synch (because of the latency) and mix with the
output. The intention is, obviously, suppress the microphone after been
listened by the second microphone.

[adc~]
| \
| [delwrite~ echo-supressor-A 1000]

[delwrite~ echo-supressor-B 1000]

[Hslider] # to synch. It depends on latency (it would have to be exact,
here is the problem!)

[vd~ echo_supressor-A]

[*~ -1]

|   [vd~ echo_supressor-B 1]
|   /
[+~]

[dac~]

(*2): I just updated the explanation

How can I acchieve an echo suppresor? Is this possible?
If I'm not clear in my explanation, please tell me. Thanks.