[PD] pure data benchmark?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:37:11 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM, martin brinkmann
<mnb at martin-brinkmann.de> wrote:

> but i think it lacks some message-processing, and maybe
> memory-access.

Actually chaosmonster1 is heavy on memory access because of the
feedback delay lines. But I just noticed [block~ 1] in the delay line
subpatches, meaning the patch does an unusual proportion of function
call overhead. Maybe the patch is not the most representative use case
of pd for that reason.

>i have not tested the pi2 myself yet, but that sounds very good.
>it might be a good platform for building some standalone pd-instruments...

That is probably true. Standalone and even portable or wearable. RPi2
still has modest current consumption (below 300 mA), therefore it can
run on battery / powerbank.

Katja