[PD] Problem with [text tolist] in Pd 0.46.6

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:16:36 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I tried the new [text] for the first time today, and it seems to have
interesting features. One thing I particularly like is the ability to find
data that is "near" a particular value.

Now while trying to build something with it I ran into a strange behaviour.
When using the "tolist" method, I found that it outputs a list into which
line ends are counted as elements.
So the first element in my text actually counts as 2 elements in the list.
See the patch attached for an example. I needed to split the text in order
to delete one element, and apparently the only way to do this is to convert
to and from lists.

This is confusing. Is this an intended feature ?

Cheers,

Pierre.