[PD] tabread4~ interpolation at slooow playback?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:25:21 CEST 2015

* IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2015-06-29 01:10]:
> On 06/29/2015 06:22 AM, Peter P. wrote:
> > All this sounds surprisingly complicated for a very common task, that is
> > reading audio data in normal quality from tables larger than 32k.
>
> reading audio data in "normal" quality from tables larger than 32k is
> indeed a common task.
> however, upsampling a signal by a factor of 192 (you are trying to play
> back 100 samples in 400ms, right?) without any artefacts is not.
> you will need a high-order sinc interpolation to get that amount of
> upsampling correct - which would eat enough CPU cycles and needs enough
> surrounding points to make it unfit for a simple general-purpose
> interpolator as used by [tabread4].

Good morning, and thanks for the general advice, which is really
appreciated. I acknowledge the extreme degree of upsampling I am asking
for, but would such a high-order sinc interpolation exist at all in Pd?
Would that cure any indexing problems due to 32bit audio signals as
well?

Have a most lovely day!