[PD] array define read from file does not auto resize array

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Jul 12 00:50:59 CEST 2015

Le 11/07/2015 23:35, Billy Stiltner a écrit :

> I guess, your textfile seems to contain only one (or several) line
> with floats. A better way could be :
>
> yes , the textfiles were saved through array the data was
> originally a space delimited list of floats sent from
> javascript->JAVA->TCP->FUDI->[array set] then saved by the [write
> filename( message to [define array arrayname]

OK.

> [read filename, rewind, bang( | [textfile] | [t l l] |     | |
> [list length] |     | |     [array size arrayname] | [array set
> arrayname]
>
> Dont forget [array define arrayname] somewhere in your patch.
>

> That is simpler.
>

> a note : if you use [array], you could use [text] instead
> [textfile]. ++
>
> Jack
>

> Thanks I could use [text] instead I guess. Does it auto resize?

Yes and no, it just keeps the content of your textfile, no more, no
less (it is not a pd array).

> It seems I haven't had any trouble with textfile or text resizing
> when reading from file.

Yes, there is no trouble to use [textfile], it was just to tell you
that there is also [text] in Pd vanilla with more options than
[textfile]. And with [text], you can save your textfile with your
patch (you can do it also with [array]), depending of what you want to
achieve.
++

Jack