[PD] 8 point average filter with biquad and raw filters?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:54:13 CEST 2015

so, here's the biquad verision of the 8 point average filter

I was actually more interested in the raw filters and I could get there
with the biquad version by converting the coefficients to poles/zeros. All
I did now was the opposite conversion to make the biquads.

but yeah, I fried my brains a bit to be able to make the biquad for the 4
average filters, it was all about trying to find a clever solution, but
then I got stuck by trying to follow the same line of thought to make other
poin averages like 8...

So let me see if I got it straight. All you need to do is divide the circle
in the number of points and you know where the zeros are. For instance, a 2
point average just divide 360 / 2 and you have 180º

8 point average 45º - 90º - 135º - 180º - 225º - 270º - 315º

So, a 3 point average filter is 120º and 240º

right?

cheers