[PD] Present and future of WebPd

s p sebpiq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:12:58 CEST 2015

> This is the exactly what we do in Heavy.

is it? I somehow thought that you compile a patch with emscripten to a
monolithic asmjs piece of code?

What I mean is that with asm.js you can have very small modular functions
that are asm.js optimized and called by some JS code that is not asm. For
example a dsp tick function could do :

objects.forEach(function(obj) {
    obj.tick()
})

and for example osc would be implemented like this :

osc.prototype.tick = function() {
    asmOptimizedSine(this.buffer, this.freq)
}

*Sébastien Piquemal*

 -----* @sebpiq*
 ----- http://github.com/sebpiq