[PD] "G05.execution.order" issue (bug? just wrong?)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 9 15:42:40 CEST 2015

On 09/09/2015 03:26 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> I just wanna know how it works... I'm not really making a case that I'd
> like to do it, I just want to understand the behaviour of Pd.

which is fair enough.
(and which is why i actually tried to explain it...in the end).

> but it's funny how everyone emphatically insists

everyone? i thought it was only me...

> to advice it shouldn't be
> done and stuff. Well, to calm everyone down, I'll come out and say I'll
> never do such a thing :)

the reason why i'm so hysterical about "undefined behaviour", is that
once this information is archived all over the net, it might give people
ideas about what they can do.
so even if you ask the question from a learning pov, the next reader
will just extract the information "connecting A before B will schedule C
before D" and use it (and come back to ask why it doesn't work anymore,
after they forgot those tricks altogether and cleaned up their patch
with some copy'n'paste that broke everything).

gfmdsar
IOhannes who always wants the last word...