[PD] Gem A/V sync?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 9 22:04:28 CEST 2015

On 09/09/2015 08:32 PM, kubriel wrote:
> i know there was something written around, and i did it few times,
> usually with oggread~ because it outputs time information i used to sync
> video.
>
> but now i have to play 6 channel audio with synchronized video.
> (oggplay~ has only two audio outlets)
> something like [readsf~ 6] will be wonderfull, if it outputs time
> information.
> i can put all audio in the tables, but it is 15minutes long, and i heard
> it is problem to adress precisely so long arrays with phasor audio
> signal. [tabplay~] also no time info.
> i need perfect sound quality, it goes to EBU satellite in Geneva, and
> some radios live also to quadro speakers in saal.
>
> only solution what i have in mind to play 6track sound with mplayer, and
> parse timecode from commandline, but it seems clunky to me.

i'm not sure i understand the problem.
after you have started playback of the wav-file, you will know *exactly*
when the system has played back 44100 samples: exactly at the moment the
bang comes out of [delay 1000] that you started simultaneously with the
[1( going to [readsf~].

with that in mind, you can simply use [metro 10] and output a perfect
timestamp every 10ms...

gfmrdsa
IOhannes