[PD] WAS future of WebPd- dreaming

s p sebpiq at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 11:44:29 CEST 2015

Hi Py,

I think WebPd core could definitely be used for that, and thus the
refactoring I am doing these days is a good thing as it will create a good
base to start these kind of projects.
Personally, I am not very familiar with graphics on the web (especially
when it comes to WebGL), but I am sure that for anyone with a good
experience in this, it should be pretty straightforward, for example using
one of the many good libraries that make WebGL, SVG or canvas easier
(d3.js, three.js, ...), to replicate some GEM objects in WebPd. And would
be nice indeed! But I see this as something more in the future ...

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Py Fave <pyfave at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello pdlisters
>

> just dreaming of possibilities
> as i use sound AND images
> and can't have the time and will to really learn programming (outside
> of patching).
>
> as a limited human,
>

> I think we need GEM or sort of ported in the browser.
> what are the current possibilities?
>
> bridges to things like paper.js and GLSL ( webgl) (shader toy) would
> make a great envirronnement,
>
> but currently the knowledge necessary is too far away for the rest of
> us (wich i belong to)
>
> even if there is need for server- side things to implement interaction
> (with arduino for instance),
>
> this is where pd would be needed.
>
> please tell me what the solutions or directions are now for this.
>
> I am sure many would like this implemented?
>

> sorry for my english.
>
> Thank you
>
> Py

*Sébastien Piquemal*