[PD] [PD-announce] ANN: pd-l2ork version 20150917 now available

Jonghyun Kim agitato816 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:33:47 CEST 2015

I got this err when installing. Sure I installed the all listed
dependencies.
Ubuntu 14.10 64bit
Pre-Installed Pd Vers:
Pd 0.45.5
Pd-extended 0.43.4
============
$ sudo dpkg -i pd-l2ork*deb
(Reading database ... 466217 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack pd-l2ork-x86_64-20150917.deb ...
Unpacking pd-l2ork (20150917) ...
dpkg: error processing archive pd-l2ork-x86_64-20150917.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/include/Gem/Gem/WorkerThread.h', which is also in
package pd-extended 0.43.4-1~trusty1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
pd-l2ork-x86_64-20150917.deb
$
===============

thanks,
akntk

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 4:19 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> though the jury is still out whether pd-l2ork can handle vanilla externals
> without crashing, something I suspect is likely but not proven). Either
> way, this should not be necessary since pd-l2ork ships with many (most?)
> externals included.
>

>> Also, I was chatting with our newest Research dean at the college of fine
>> arts student meet and greet and your name came up. Tony Kolenic😎
>>

> Very cool! Well, that explains why my ears were burning earlier today ;-)
> Kidding aside, Tony is a really cool guy. Please tell him I said hi.
>
> Best,
>
> Ico
>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Sep 18, 2015, at 1:40 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Apologies for x-posting,
>>>
>>> Following over dozen minor releases, yesterday pd-l2ork team has
>>> unveiled our latest major release, version 20150917. Release highlights
>>> include:
>>>
>>> Release highlights:
>>>
>>> *Expanded K12 module
>>> *Pd-L2Ork can now coexist with other releases without any package
>>> conflicts
>>> *Drawing optimizations
>>> *New convenience functions, like comments with endlines and labels with
>>> spaces
>>> *Comprehensive Raspberry PI GPIO with PWM and I2S/MCP3008 (for analog
>>> ins) support
>>> *New version of L2Ork-centric libcwiid library fork offering support for
>>> all versions of Nintendo-branded wiimotes, including the new MotionPlus
>>> Inside, as well as the support for interleaved passthrough mode (e.g.
>>> MotionPlus + Nunchuk)
>>> *Code refactoring
>>> *Bunch of minor and aesthetic fixes
>>> *Last release (barring any major bugs) prior to the next major release
>>> featuring node-webkit GUI (node-webkit version is currently in alpha stage
>>> of development)
>>>
>>> For a changelog and a more detailed overview, please visit:
>>> http://puredata.info/downloads/Pd-L2Ork/releases/20150917
>>>
>>> To download pd-l2ork:
>>> http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56
>>>
>>> NB: Currently only Ubuntu 14.04 64bit build is available, with 32bit and
>>> Raspberry Pi builds forthcoming.
>>>
>>> About Pd-L2Ork
>>> Pd-L2Ork is a fork of the ubiquitous Pure-Data focusing on improved user
>>> interface, expanded collection of externals, and an advanced SVG-enabled
>>> graphical front-end. Originally it was introduced as the core
>>> infrastructure for the Linux Laptop Orchestra (L2Ork
>>> http://l2ork.icat.vt.edu), and has since expanded to include K-12
>>> learning module with a unique learning environment offering adaptable
>>> granularity that has been utilized in over dozen maker workshops and
>>> initiatives, including the Raspberry Pi Orchestra program for middle school
>>> children introduced in the summer 2014. Today, pd-l2ork is being developed
>>> by a growing number of international collaborators and contributors.

>>> disis.icat.vt.edu