[PD] Pduino and arudino mini pro/raspi debian- Pduino or Comport?

Pagano, Patrick pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu
Mon Sep 21 16:55:57 CEST 2015

Hello

I want to use the arduino pro mini with pure data on the serial pins on the raspberry pi2 board for a project i am working on. My Arduino Uno works fine but i assume that is i assume because i am getting the serial data sent on the USB which seems to show up as

/dev/ttyAMA0 in raspberry pi debian

what i assume i need is it to work on /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1

I already turned off the serial to console stuff in raspberry and commented out the commandline stuff as well as modified the innittab getty things according to the interwebs, but i cannot get Pduino or comport to recognize the device when it's connected to the analog serial pins directly on the raspberry

i moved the whole shebang over to MAC and tested it after installingthe FTDI USB Serial drivers and loaded the ALLINPUTS Firmata and it works there but that is again USB.

Does anyone have any ideas to share, though i know this might be more of a linux issue, but it seems like pd is only seeing USB serial for pduino and comport

GAH...

Patrick Pagano B.S, M.F.A
Audio and Projection Design Faculty
Digital Worlds Institute