[PD] Delay time limit bug (was: PVoc patch "bug"?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:27:21 CEST 2015

> this seems to be the easy route, just as [s~]/[r~] or [throw~]/[catch~]:
> simply forbid the use of [delread~]/[vd~] if the block-sizes differ.

I think it's an elegant solution, and can't see why it would be a problem.
But then, I was suggesting it because Christof was pointing how

"it would have to keep track of ALL the objects reading from the buffer and
the individual blocksizes they are operating at. Which would be highly
inefficient and give no practical benefit."

or forbid any use of [delread~]/[vd~] if the block-size is not 64 (which
> is really  the behaviour of [s~]/[r~])

now that's bad, because it'd ruin the usage of delay lines in FFT patches,
like spectral delays or the phase vocoder patch I'm working on.

cheers