[PD] [pix_data] - convert rgb values to pd canvas format

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:53:45 CET 2015

Hello list,

I'm trying to use [pix_data] to get the RGB values from an image, and
color a canvas using them. But the results come out a bit weird, as not
all colors match.

I can try to some a more detailed patch in a couple of days, but wanted to
ask first the there is any example of how to use the values coming out of
[pix_data]:
- should the gray value be used?
- the middle outlet should send a list of RGB values, but I noticed that
instead a list of 4 values comes out. This isn't documented, what is the
4th value?

Attached are 2 pictures that should exemplifiy the issue:
- rgb.tif - a rgb palette
- rgb-conv.tif - the result after my interpretation of the data

Best,

Joao