[PD] arduino ProMicro problem with no. "13" coming in as "10"(Ubuntu 11.10)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:39:27 CET 2016

Your problem probably stems from the fact that the control characters like carriage return, etc are stripped since they are used for controlling the terminal in a terminal emulation mode. Back in the day, those characters were used to literally move carriage on a teletype machine. Most default terminal serial connections thus don’t transmit them since they are emulating this now lost functionality.

So setting the terminal connection to raw makes sense to me as it’s saying “pass ALL characters, even the old school terminal control characters”.

It took me about a week one time to figure out this was happening while working with a set of serial barcode scanners as it would drop bytes only *some times*. It turned out to be only when the bytes ended up including control character numbers, which were being stripped out. I ended up almost re-writing everything before finally figuring it out. Oh well.

--------
Dan Wilcox
EDP Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor
Shwayder 215
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>
> On Feb 6, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Ingo <ingo at miamiwave.com <mailto:ingo at miamiwave.com>> wrote:
>
> OK, found it!
>
> Using		stty raw -F /dev/ttyACM0 	did the trick!
> All numbers - incl. "13" are back as expected.
> Now I'll have to look at how to save it to disk ...
>
> Thanks again, Jan for directing me to the right place!
>
> Ingo

--------
Dan Wilcox