[PD] readanysf~ for windows ? (another try ...)

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Tue Feb 16 13:16:59 CET 2016

patrice colet wrote:

> Le 16/02/2016 12:00, oliver a écrit :
>> hi,
>>
>> has anybody here had any success in compiling this great external for
>> windows ? the downloadable .dll (version 0.42) doesn't work (tried it
>> both on pd-extended 0.43.4 and pd-vanilla 0.46.7).
>>

> I've compiled this dll on windows and mingw, there was too many bugs in
> libiconv and some other libraries to do it again,
> and I don't have a windows machine actually, maybe in a month or two
> I'll give another try...

thanks a lot for considering ;-)

> By the way, the dll you have should work when you provide all missing
> libraries in bin folder.

unfortunately it doesn't.

i put all the .dlls in the .zip package there, plus all the other .dlls
PD was complaining about when i tried to load [readanysf~]. took them
from the pd-extended distro. after there were no errors any more, PD
would still simply print a

readanysf~
... couldn't create

at the console window

btw: i'm on windows 7, 64bit
almost all other 3rd-party PD externals (cyclone, zexy, motex, iemlib
etc.) do work alright!

best

oliver