[PD] LKFS or LUFS-based compression?

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:20:56 CET 2016

Thanks Katja.

I did not intend to imply a particular compression method.

I was only asking if anyone has created
a compressor in Pd with the goal of limiting based
on Average Loudness rather than Peak Gain.

I don't really know how it works,
except to guess it is related to
Fletcher–Munson curves.

I want to get into broadcast more.
A LKFS or LUFS external (meter and compressor)
would be very useful.

Limiting based on Loudness is becoming
both a US and EUR broadcast standard,
yet there aren't many tools out there,