[PD] pdlv2: generate lv2 plugins from pd patches

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 15:45:52 CEST 2016

That's a great project. I also want to add lv2 support to Camomile but It
seems that this is not a priority for Juce and I'm a lost between the Juce
interface and the lv2 SDK.

I think that Dan is right. It's always better to use locks in C++ because
this is integrated in the standard library and cross-platform.

Another reason to avoid automatic lock is because most of the time, you
want to send messages and process the digital signal jointly. So it would
be useless to lock, send the message, unlock, lock, process, unlock. In my
C++ interface, all the lock system is implicit and hidden (when I load or
delete a patch for example) except for these methods.

In fact, the lock system is just a detail, the "libpd layer" that Dan
explained is the most important. In the C interface of Camomile, I use an
internal instance system that really manages the multiple instances.

Nevertheless I'm not sure of the necessity of the ring buffers. It seems to
me that it brings some confusion on how the internal mechanism works, like
if the methods could be called in parallel while in fact the methods must
be called sequentially. But perhaps I don't understand very well the good
way to use it or the context where this is necessary.

Anyway I 'm glad someone read my email, I thought nobody noticed :)

Question: What the GUI part is supposed to do ? That would be an interface
to receive the textual messages normally sent to tcl/tk ? Or that would be
an interface to manage the template/structure/scalar system ?