[PD] error installing Pd 0.47 OSX

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:21:36 CEST 2016

Hey Dan,

This is pretty awesome work. Thanks for putting all the time, frustration
and energy into a solid OSX building strategy.  I feel like mac OS has been
slightly neglected since Hans departure. So speaking from as a mac user,
thank you!

>>>Thanks. I have a script now which will download and build Tk for you.

This is part of autotools now?

I am assuming you are not done but will soon let us know to test :)

BTW can I pitch you some bitcoin tip (it won't be much but its something)?
I hear BTC will double in next couple months due to reward halving so you
can pretend the tip is x2...

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan your autotools update is great. I installed all with no problem.
> Moreover I done make app; great news!
>
> Some general observation on OS X compilation: I get several warnings,
> like:
> a) libtool: warning: libobj name 'pd~.lo' may not contain shell special
> characters.
>

> That’s not a problem, just libtool not liking the tilde in the file name.
>
> The rest are just a few warnings in PoartAudio, also not major problems.
> The real issue with PA is that it still relies
> on the deprecated Carbon framework and we ignore those warnings for now.
>
> So, great work!
>

> Thanks. I have a script now which will download and build Tk for you. For
> some reason, one combination of Tk + Pd (universal maybe) I tried, suddenly
> made Gem work again. I’ll see if I can find that combo again…
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
> danomatika.com