[PD] Windows/MinGW DLL dependencies. Was: cyclone/maxlib-maintenance-(w32)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:30:19 CEST 2016

Hi Fred, thanx a lot for all info.

So far I found the problem is not caused by a newer version of the build

system; an older version also produces the dependency on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.

Another possibility is that it is caused by an upgrade of MinGW/MSys. I

hope to have some time soon to check this out.

I am pretty sure that  libgcc_s_dw2-1 is not needed in the previous pkg. I`m still testing and everything works, even [coll a.txt 1].

Also binary comparing both coll.dll returns differences, which surely explains the hole thing.

Anyway everything is Ok, as the actual pkg is fully operational, also as you are taking *good care* of other pkgs you are already aware of the w32 dep things.

It would be nice if the build system could report these dependencies or

even take care of them. But this will not be realized in the short term.

Sure, one work around is to use DependancyWalker on a clean or virtual machine or also Pd on a clean/vm with an <= win 8.1 Os.

Since my primary concern was avoiding to have undetected .DLLs on my previous pkg tests I think that the recompiling of [coll] explains that confusion.

Salutti,
Lucarda.