[PD] [mtof~] !!!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 5 11:38:50 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-05 11:26, Christof Ressi wrote:
> mtof~.dll
> mtof~-help.pd
> I DID find the help in \pd-extended\externals\vanilla\ (Windows machine)
> But NOT under my Vanilla install (0.47-1).

this is because pd-vanilla has very few externals (an "external" is an
object that comes from a file other than the Pd-binary itself).

Pd-extended attempted to remove all internal objects from Pd and put
them into a "vanilla" library. that's why you see a mtof~.dll

> I also went to the top of my 0.47-1 install tree and looked for any file
> called mtof~ and FOUND NOTHING.

see above.

> So maybe you can tell me how, when I instantiate [mtof~], where exactly it is coming from? Is it an internal? Is it an external?

well, christof already gave you the quick and dirty way: open the
help-patch of the object and see if it is a Pd-vanilla help patch.

a more correct (though cumbersome) way would be to start Pd-vanilla
without any libraries and paths loaded
> pd -noprefs -nostdpath -verbose
create the object and see whether it instantiates.
if it does, check the Pd-console to make sure that it was not loaded
from some local file.
if it instantiates and is not from a local file, then it is an internal.

fgasdrm
IOhannes