[PD] dumping array content, pitched down, to a new array without using metronome?

Esa Ruoho esaruoho at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:22:42 CET 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 00:49, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 01/05/2017 10:26 PM, Esa Ruoho wrote:
> > after numerous mistakes, i was able to (i think) get this to work
> somehow.
> > i'm not sure if foo = plom, but i put tabread4~ and array size as plom
> (as
> yes.
> i think my patch has only two magic values:
> - "foo" is the table name
> - "0.0166666666" is the playback speed.

I will switch the 0.0166666 = $1 and try and feed it from the calculations
(i.e. the number that the pd-script already provides elsewhere).

> that's the original material). i am able to now feed the phasor~ playback
> > speed into the [/ 0.016666] -2nd port, and if i tap on start, and wait a
> > while and tap on stop, i get a type of sound.
> the idea is to just click on "bang" (at the top of my patch), and it
> will simulatenously start playback and recording and then stop recording
> once the table has been played back.

weirdly enough, after trying to replicate it ( see screenshto
http://imgur.com/a/oD2C5 ) it still does not seem to work. what am i
missing between transcribing pd-mailinglist-info to pd-vanilla? is there
some glaring mistake somewhere? :)

> > it's not in the same pitch as
> > what i'm hearing, so what i hear isn't quite what i get, but it's
> this is most likely because the samplerate settings of your patch, your
> soundcard and/or the soundfile do not match.

I'll have to see what samplerate soundflower is operating at and match
somehow.

> definitely a step in the right direction. i took a screenshot of what i
> > ended up with, if that helps.
> > http://imgur.com/a/Gu6bz
> i would advise you to learn to use abstractions.

what are they? i've thus far worked on a single screen instead of hatching
things inside [pd sampleplayer], just so that when i start recycling
pitched-array to replace osc~, things don't go all complex with multiple
inlets and outlets. i guess i could try and figure out how to use
abstractions to create those time-date filenames, but am trying to tackle
the pitched-down-sample-diskwriting first and then start attacking the
"retain long-path" + "generated filename" = pack = feed to writesf~
open-dialog..