[PD] un-routable output from [text get]

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 08:34:24 CET 2017

I'm getting some strange behavior when reading a .txt file with [text define], where the output from [text get] isn't routeable like a normal list. See the attached file for an example. Do other users experience the same thing?

[text fromsymbol] reveals that there are some extended ASCII  characters junking around in front of the problematic term. Is PD accidentally reading some meta-data from the text file?

Currently, it only seems to be happening on the first line of the file. I think I remember having the same problems throughout a textfile, although I can't replicate this now.

Any suggestions?