[PD] Macbook Air Errors with 0.48 Test 1

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:58:57 CEST 2017

This have never been an issue with OS X in the past so I *do not* think there is suddenly a major problem based on feedback from running Pd on *one machine*.

I suggest another tool or manual updates to the host file is the cause. It's also better to use localhost as it can resolve in both IPv4 and IPv6 instead of 127.0.0.1 which is IPv4 only.

Also, by "firewall" I mean the built in Firewall utility in the OS, not the low-level hosts files or DNS settings.

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 5:43 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Macbook Air Errors with 0.48 Test 1
> Date: July 21, 2017 at 5:43:27 PM GMT+2
> To: "me.grimm" <megrimm at gmail.com <mailto:megrimm at gmail.com>>
> Cc: "pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>" <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>

> Here's an idea: get into the tcl code (pd/tcl) and change all instances of
>
> localhost

> 127.0.0.1
>
> Perhaps this is more robust.
>
> cheers
> Miller

>> firewall is off

>> ping: cannot resolve localhost: Unknown host

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>