[PD] 048-test5 > w32 strange chars

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 10:59:35 CEST 2017

In looking in the pd-gui.tcl, we do check for the LANG environment variable on Windows. You could make a batch script wrapper to launch pd. Maybe something like:

SET LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
start "pd.exe"

Put the in a file in the bin folder with pd.exe and name it something like "PdStart.bat" or whatever. Then double click that instead of the pd.exe. It should override the system locale settings this way without having to remove or rename the po folder.

Let me know if that works and I can add the info to the po/README.txt.

> On Jul 25, 2017, at 10:53 AM, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> ah sorry, I was only relating to oliver's question if it's possible to change Pd back to english (I can't stand using Pd in German).
>

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. Juli 2017 um 10:18 Uhr
> Von: "Dan Wilcox" <danomatika at gmail.com>
> An: "Christof Ressi" <christof.ressi at gmx.at>
> Cc: oliver <oliver at klingt.org>, Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Betreff: Re: [PD] 048-test5 > w32 strange chars
>
> Well, it's not a *real* fix but just confirms the issue is with loading translations.
>

> On Jul 25, 2017, at 10:16 AM, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at[mailto:christof.ressi at gmx.at]> wrote:
>
> I think renaming the po dir might work
> perfect, that works! :-) I'm pretty relieved now.
>
> --------
> Dan Wilcox
> @danomatika[http://twitter.com/danomatika]
> danomatika.com[http://danomatika.com]