[PD] Escaping/not resolving dollar argts in msgs/objects?

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:15:22 CEST 2018

Hello list,

Perhaps a bit of a long shot and pretty much the exact opposite of the $0
in messages conversations as of late: Is there a way to NOT resolve
dollar arguments in messages and/or objects?

Example case: Lately for a project I've wanted to create vast swaths of
[array define]s and I've done so with dynamic patching. Since I want
their bound symbols to be something like "$0-snd0", "$0-snd1"
$0"-snd2"... "$0-snd50", I DON'T want dollar arguments (particularly the
$0) to resolve to anything. Similarly, I store filepath + array symbol
pairs in texts to do a big load at the beginning and for right now and
can always add the $0-bit via passing that symbol through a
[makefilename], but I'm wondering if I can pass $0s unresolved into a
text without having to manually type it in via the popup window.

Of course I can always edit the patch in emacs/vim and do a
search/replace, but I'm looking for an in-Pd solutions... Also for the
array business I suppose I could do that via [clone], but that situation
doesn't seem ideal either...

Thanks!

Derek

--