[PD] iOS: writesf~ problem

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 12 15:20:09 CEST 2018

On 07/12/2018 02:28 PM, artem at katlenok.ru wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I am having a problem when recording a soundfile using pure data in my iOS application.
>
> Just like David’s message here: https://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@lists.iem.at/msg08232.html
> I am having same behaviour with endless recursion:

infinite recursion? (i think you mean something else)

> writesf waiting for disk write..
> (head 524032, tail 0, room 256, want 256)
> ... done waiting.

it seems like the write thread fails to put bytes into the disk (and
thus empty the data queue).

is the file created?
do you get an "error" (disguised as an ordinary printout) when trying to
open the file for writing?

does it help if you raise the buffer size (via the 2nd argument to
[writesf~] - it's undocumented, but see [readsf~])

what happens if you close the file before the error appears? (e.g. does
it get written?)

gfamdsr
IOhannes