[PD] Japanese language problem

S.E.P. dreamoftheshoreofanotherworld at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:12:30 CEST 2018

Hello,

Pure Data throws the following error when I try to open up Media>Audio
Settings:

(Tcl) UNHANDLED ERROR: extra characters after close-brace
while executing
"lappend audio_indevlist {}CN (Realtek High Definition}
global audio_outdevlist; set audio_outdevlist {}
lappend audio_outdevlist {Xs [J ..."
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $docmds"

My OS is in Japanese and, according to this page (
https://drugscore.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-194.html), I need to change the
language setting of my OS to English (presumably other European languages
would work, since I've used PD on a German-language system) to bypass this
system.

Just wondering if there was another fix- it's not a big deal for me to
change the settings, but maybe for Japanese people interested in PD it
would be.

Best,
Elliot