[PD] PdDroidParty questions

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:50:19 CET 2019

> On Jan 6, 2019, at 9:36 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Here is a list of things I would love to see fix or updated in PdDroidParty:
>
>  * Fix support for sysex, clock and other less common MIDI messages.
>  * Add radio/symbol UIs.
>  * Finish and merge the "web renderer" work I've done previously (so
> UIs can be built with HTML, CSS & Javascript).

PdParty on iOS has implemented full vanilla UI functionality as well as RjDj (& DroidParty!) objects. As I started PdParty by porting DroidParty's Java code to Objective-C, I'd highly recommend someone simply porting PdParty's Objective-C code for the missing UIs back to Java. The class design is large the same.

> I could justify implementing these things myself if I was able to tell
> my family that I am getting paid to do it.

Android people: *hint hint* starting pooling them $$$,  *hint hint* )

Professors: *hint hint* contributing to an existing project like this could be a GREAT student research/development project *hint hint*

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>