[PD] Help with reverb design and vanilla's abstractions ([rev1~]/[rev2~]/[rev3~])

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:23:24 CET 2019

Hi, I've read miller's book and I've always wanted to know a bit more about
reverbs. I also want to better explain these examples to my students. One
thing I wonder is about the choice of delay lengths for the early
reflections and also for the recirculating delay lines. They seem quite
arbitrary, right?

All I could make of it is that these numbers are just broken down so they
don't become multiples of each other, resulting in a rather complex mesh of
reflection times.

But also, it seems that a "room size" parameter can be controlled by the
size of the delay lines, right?

Anyway, I'd appreciate if I could learn more about these abstractions and
also some cool references for study (such as "digital reverb modelling for
dummies").

cheers