[PD] chronometer + metronome that syncs multiple Android/iOS devices over network?

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Tue Mar 5 19:10:43 CET 2019

Hi Enrike,

you'll probably find that syncing many devices together (especially via a
wifi network) is a rather difficult task.
Many parameters can make it complicated, above all network latency and
device latency. Network latency is often quite variable and unpredictable,
and the same goes for audio latency on Android.

That said, it seems that the best solution currently is Ableton Link (
https://www.ableton.com/en/link/), which is a GPL cross-platform library
and protocol.
It is implemented to Pd through the [abl_link~] object (available from
Deken for most platforms).

In some case where [abl_link~] wouldn't work (I had crashes on a
raspberryPi), you can use Carabiner which provides a network socket to Link:
https://github.com/Deep-Symmetry/carabiner

good luck!