[PD] chronometer + metronome that syncs multiple Android/iOS devices over network?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Mar 7 02:50:49 CET 2019

Hi Enrike,

On 7/3/19 5:17 am, enrike wrote:
> (I am fighting now with PdDroidPublisher as we would need to have an apk
> that we can just install into participants mobiles. The PdDroidPublisher
> documentation is outdated as far as I can see and I far from being an
> expert in Android Studio configuration, lets see)

If you can get the PdDroidParty apk installed on the devices then it's
possible to distribute the patch as a zip file to the devices quite
easily. You can zip the patch folder and then rename the zip so it has a
`.dpz` extension. If a user has PdDroidParty installed and they receive
a .dpz file by email or click on a link to a .dpz file then it should
automatically open in PdDroidParty.

This still means you have to install two things (the DroidParty apk and
the .dpz file) but maybe it's easier than creating a custom apk and
easier than copying the folder onto SD cards one by one.

More info about this can be found in the "Sharing your patches" section
on the droidparty.net site.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
https://mccormick.cx/

Sign up to my newsletter to hear about tech I'm building.
https://mccormick.cx/subscribe