[PD] In 2019 is there a way to detect mouse down/up?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Mar 17 13:24:38 CET 2019

Hi,

On 15/3/19 5:37 pm, Jean-Yves Gratius wrote:
> Then you'll always need to have a receiver (named "MOUSE") in your
> patch, else you will receive error messages in pd console.
> If you click on a bang object in your patch, you can then listen to the
> MOUSE receiver and wait for the message "mouseup"
Thanks, I made a plugin based on this idea:

https://github.com/chr15m/pd-push-and-hold

Install push-and-hold-plugin.tcl into your externals path so that it's
loaded at startup. Then you can use the push-and-hold object to connect
up a GUI object.

I uploaded it with deken so hopefully it will be available tomorrow.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
https://mccormick.cx/

Sign up to my newsletter to hear about tech I'm building.
https://mccormick.cx/subscribe